BDISCOM is proud to introduce a new generation of automatic matching network units operating at the standard ISM frequency of 13.56MHz. Designed for industrial and laboratory use, it’s typical application include magnetron sputtering, PECVD deposition, plasma activation, dielectric heating and, laser excitation.
The Model BDS-AMN 750 automatic impedance matching network includes two variable air-gap capacitors and an analog user port that mates with our series BDS-HF RF power generators. The internal DC bias probe enables measurement and display of the bias voltage developed in the plasma discharge.
The BDS-AMN functions to continuously transform the complex 13.56MHz plasma load impedance to the 50 ohm (non-reactive) system impedance. The RF circuit’s “L” topology uses high quality variable caps driven by precision servo motors. Typical tuning time is less than 2 seconds. Using the BDS-HF control panel (located on the RF generator), the user can program and select a wide range of tuning position presets. Independent control and preset operation is possible using 0>10VDC input voltages.
The BDS-AMN has the following features:
- Compact size – the enclosure measures 13.39″/175mm tall X 7.48″/190mm wide X 7.48″/340mm deep.
- Variable air-gap capacitors rated for 3000 V and up to 20 amps of RF current.
- Analog control interface – directly compatible with the Series BDS-HF RF generators.
- Internal 100:1 DC bias probe.
- Optional “T” RF circuit topology (to complement medium impedance plasma loads) is available.
- Optional multi-cathode output available
- Compliance – CE MARK
- Country of manufacture – ITALY
- Product weight: 11 lbs/5kg
- Shipping weight: 13.23 lbs/6kg
Interface/Control Connector DB-15 female located on the front panel
RF Input Connector Type N female located on the front panel
RF Output Connector Type 7/16 DIN female – located on the rear panel. Optional side or bottom location
Analog I/O Interface 0>10VDC for capacitor position setting and metering
Digital I/O Interface 24VDC isolated
Maximum plasma voltage 3kV P-P + DC bias
Maximum plasma current 16 amps RF
Operating modes Automatic – Preset – Hold
Phase/Magnitude Detector type Passive with configurable polarity output
RF Circuit Topology “L” standard, “T” & “PI” optional
Plasma (Cathode) Outputs 1 standard, Up to 3 optional (vacuum relay switched)
Mounting surfaces Four M5X6 PEM nuts per side located on the bottom and side surfaces
Enclosure cooling Via an internal fan – air supply from the front and upper left sides – air exhaust from lower left side bottom and rear sides
The Model AMN (matching network) and BDS-HF (RF generator) products are packaged for shipment in cardboard cartons with Ethafoam inserts. A single carton will contain either a generator or match unit and measures 23-5/8″ X 12″ X 12″ (60cm X 30cm X 30cm).
- MatrixxTM RF/DC switch modules
- Parallel cable module – for dual cable feed on sputtering sources
- PowerlineTM coaxial cables – standard and ultra-hi power power capability
- EliminatorTM RF filters – for RF blocking applications
- BDS-AMN-750 Data Sheet
- Mechanical installation information (.pdf)
- Mechanical installation drawing (.stp file) Please Contact Manitou Systems to obtain this file.
- Mechanical installation information (BDS_AMN750_Fixing_Information.pdf)
Technical Support and FAQs