Technical Events Calendar
Steven M. Simons W1SMS – ARRL CT Section Technical Coordinator
- Technical Coordinator Steven M. Simons W1SMS
- Advanced Class
- Email: email@example.com
- Interests include V/UHF station design and construction, antenna & tower construction, high power RF amplifier design/manufacturing.
- Owner of Lunar-Link RF amplifier company
- Technical Specialist Edward Cholakian KB1OIE
- Extra Class
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interests and professional experience include: Embedded software and hardware, basic SDR design
- Current projects include: IOT (internet of things) industrial automation applications, Bluetooth connected sensors, Raspberry Pi boards running Windows 10, and “bare metal” ARM and MIPS based embedded systems.
- Retired QST Technical Editor & QST Contributing Editor Joel Hallas W1ZR
- Email: email@example.com
- Joel will provide a personal answer to your technical questions within a few days. Your question may even be published in the “Doctor is In” QST column, or even on an ARRL podcast.
Available Presentations (Presented by W1SMS at your club meeting.)
- Lightning Strikes ! A practical discussion of how to protect your station. Click here for a PDF download – slides
- Rotating Towers are NOT for Weenies All about the W1SMS rotating tower project.
- RF Safety Considerations of using RF power in the ham station.
- Tower Construction & Safety A “How To” useful when planning antenna and tower installations.
- Hollow State vs. Solid State Electron tubes and transistors used in RF power amplification.
- An EME Earth>Moon>Earth Primer How to get started in EME communications – Equipment, Software & Expectations.
- DC POWERING of HAM RADIO EQUIPMENT A primer on the installation & use of 12VDC power system components in your amateur radio station.
Technical Solutions Pages